Saturday, October 24, 2009

Emalyn

Now for what 's going on in Emalyn's life...

First of all, she had her birthday July 29. She turned 5 years old!!
We made her a butterfly cake (with plenty of candy...) And she got some beautiful presents. Tyler gave her a musical make-up box (that she LOVES), Krysta gave her a crown and earrings, Daddy gave her a pink and blue bouncing ball, and her mom gave her a new school shirt.


She wanted to have a pinata at her birthday, and we had a lot of fun whacking it with our bat.

Aren't we all such talented dancers?

At the end of August, she had her first day of Kindergarten. I love the excitement that cannot be contained on this face. She was so excited. She LOVES school and her teacher.

We are so proud of our dear Emalyn. She is such a sweetheart. She has an amazing ability to have empathy for others, be sweet and loving to everyone around her and still be very assertive about what she wants and feels. She has had a lot of changes in her little life this year, and she is growing up faster than I can believe. She's very smart and doing well at school. She also has budding musical abilities-she started picking out some melodies on the piano this week, and making up songs to go with them. She is a wonderful big sister to Krysta, and they love to play together.

6 comments:

Belkycita said...

What a sweet heart! Happy super late birthday Emalyn!
Amy, I really like the cake, you did a great job!
Is that a Cinderella dress? I have been looking like crazy for one here. It is what Elena wants for her birthday, where did you get yours? Even if I get it late she will love it.

Meg said...

Emalyn is so beautiful. I think my favorite part was watching Scott dance with a ribbon. wow. :)

Amy said...

Belky- Her Grandpa John Jensen gave her that dress about 3 years ago. I don't know where he got it. They sell Cinderella dresses in Walmart and ToysRus here, I don't know if that helps.

Melanie said...

I love the part in the video where Emalyn says thank you to Tyler for helping her blow out her candles. It's so sweet. You've got amazing kids.

Pearce Fam said...

So sweet, and so cute! I love her cake. :)

Heidi said...

I think it's finally working to let me post, let's see. Oh, Emalyn! I can't believe you're 5! I remember lots about you, but some of my favorites are: when you were little and you're pony tail stood straight up in the air. And when you lived in Logan and we came to visit. You woke up early and came out to the living room and played with us instead of waking up your mom & dad. There are lots more, I can't remember right now. Love you!