Thursday, May 24, 2012

Emalyn's dance recital

I'm getting behind in my blogging!  That's because 1) I got a cold last Thursday that I still haven't got rid of, 2) We started re-roofing on Thursday and Scott and some guys from our ward kept at it until they finished on Saturday 3) Emalyn had a dance recital on Saturday 4) We cut off Russell's cast on Sunday and 5) We packed for our trip to UT for Russell's 2nd cast on Sunday too.

So, yes, we now have a beautiful newly shingled roof.  Aaaahhhh...not so worried about wind storms or rain leaking into our house.  Wonderful feeling.  Mainly due to my amazing re-roofing hubby.  Scott says it took 25 man-hours to do our roof, and of that he spent 15 all by himself (out of choice, crazy hard-working man.)  But it looks great, and he's very proud. :)

Emalyn had her dance recital on Saturday.  They wouldn't allow flash photography, so I have no pics of the actual recital.  Her class did a fish ballet dance, as part of a Neverland theme they had going this year.  She did so great!  She's becoming a beautiful dancer.

6 comments:

Meg said...

Emalyn, you looks so beautiful! I wish we could have seen your dance! What a cute outfit!

Cheryl said...

She's darling! I hope you kick that cold soon!

Linda said...

CUTE CUTE GIRL! I want to see your dance!

Amy said...

Meg-we would love to have you guys anytime!
Cheryl-I'm feeling alot better today-this cold really wasn't that bad.
Mom-Maybe you can talk her into performing for you. We don't have her music, this is the first time that they haven't given it to us, and I have no idea what it was. She's doesn't want to do dance anymore, so not much motivation to find out either.

Christy said...

That is so fun, I really need to get Lily into dance!! Scott and Jason are made from the same cloth and have a great role model! We are so lucky to have such wonderful husbands! So glad you no longer have to worry about a leaky roof!!

Amy said...

Christy-Dance is a lot of fun. We've really enjoyed it. And me too, about the roof.