Monday, July 16, 2012

We're getting back into our "new" normal groove

I think Russell's dreams while he's sleeping must be better than real life right now.

Every time he wakes up he is SO SAD/MAD.  So I wonder if he's waking up, and realizing the cast is on AGAIN, and it makes him think, "Oh no. Not Again!"  Or if he forgets that he has it on while he's asleep, and so when he wakes up he's panicking about not being able to move his torso. What an awful realization to have everytime you wake up.

Who knows.  I just hope he gets used to it soon. 

He's getting to be happier inbetween these times though.  I had him outright giggling today.  Nice to see my sweet little guy again.

Tyler and Emalyn started their week at "Summer Science Camp".  They are both taking a course called, "chemistry in the dark", which is all about black light, UV rays, glow-in-the-dark, luminescence, etc.  They had a great time there this morning.  They both made t-shirts with glow-in-the-dark puff paint, and were talking about luminescence the whole way home.  I'm glad they take such an interest in how things work and science.


1 comment:

Meg said...

Oh that is sad. Poor little guy! I have the same thing when I wake up and realize that I'm still hosting an alien. Just kidding, I don't really think that (usually).

Also, how fun is science camp?! I'm so glad they get to do that!